Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2006 1:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] sequential tweens ?

Hi All,
I need some ideas how to workaround the following situation
I have na mc as an holder for some photoStrip >>>> this photoStrip has n photos as mcs in it >>>> I want to produce some tween over each one BUT the next tween should only begin after the previous has finished

João,

Your best bet would be to use some better tweening engine that allows delays. That way you could fire all your tweens at once without having to worry about setting callbacks or other events when each tween is finished - you just give a increasingly bigger delkay for each photo. Not only this makes some clearer and more straightforward code, but you could even animate it in a way that the photos' tweening time intersect each other, without being dependent on chained events.

For this task I'd recommend mc tween, laco's tween, or the fuse kit. Any of them will do what you want, and there's probably a few more that I'm forgetting about.

You *could* do it with your onMotionFinished event. You'd need to setup a function that fires the animation, and each photo would have to fire the animation on the next one. It's simple, but it's awkward and counterproductive. And really, this kind of need is something that comes up so frequently when animating an interface that using a class or extension that supports delays instead is your best bet.

- Zeh