Hello

I was wondering about the possible effects of creating a class that would
play back a movie clip by determining the current frame by the amount of
time lapsed. This would be a "drop frame" style of movieClip playback.

Has anyone tried this? I'm assuming there some kind of inter-frame
compression in Flash MovieClips. If so, I'd imagine that this style of
playback might not work (forcing it to skip frames). Sound sync would be
off, it would probably only work for silent clips, right?

Thanks,

August

August Gresens
Technical Director