App using: Flash 8 with png file imported from a swift 3d export.

I am working on a project in which i bring in png files exported out of swift 3d. For some reason even though there is tons of transparent area it brings the png at the size of the stage. I tried opening up the pngs individually in fireworks and then bringing them back over to flash and still the same issue. I did notice that if I opened up one of the png files in fireworks I could select the image and it would not be the entire stage size. Though I exported from fireworks and it still came in at full stage size. I did get it to work by cutting the image and pasting it into a new fireworks document then saving it out. I could use this method but there are quite a few png files and my time is limited. Anyone ever have the problem of bringing in png files and it ends up being a bitmap the size of the stage in flash? Will all that extra transparent area add to file size? The only reason why i would like to fix this is because it slows down the processor animating through 15 frames bitmaps at the stage size. I assume if it only has to update the size of the actual image it will run faster.

Jordan Robinson | [EMAIL PROTECTED]