I've found a couple of sites that seem to work:

        http://www.orange-project.com/

        http://www.redbulltrackattack.co.uk/index_phase3.php

The RB track attack site seems to fail in safari for pages that require two values.

Orange-project seems to be solid in all browsers and is based on a variation of unfocus, using less code.

I've followed OP to some degree and have managed to implement semi- successfully back/forward & deep links for all browsers. There's still a few bugs to work out. I should have it resolved in the next week or so. I'm slightly familiar with Javascript since it's like AS, and my AS is primitive, so I'm a bit shy to share with the group. Maybe once I have it fully resolved...

-radley