-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Eskil Janson
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2006 5:58 PM
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Madobe certified professional - still recommend?

I passed the test a year ago, at the time when Flash 8 was just
released, and it seemed strange alreade at that time
to study outdated concepts(primarely related to AS1 ) ... But most of
the basic stuff is the same for both products.

Most of your clients, or students if you teach Flash, won't be able to
tell the difference between the versions (MX2004, 8) , but some of them
will probably be
interested in the fact that you have the highest level of certification
for the product (Flash) before they consider hiring you.

I think Adobe should get a grip on the certification and training
situation for Flash. I personally really like AS3 and I can't understand
why Adobe (formerly MM) never have tried to design courses targeted to
real professionals, including real OOP, since that makes
developing Flash so much easiser, and is what everybody is into. This
should also be reflected in the courses they provide to prepare
for the exam, and the exam itself.

/Eskil

André Goliath skrev:
> Hello List,
>
> I´m thinking about becoming a certifed Macromedia(?) Flash MX04 Developer,
> but I wonder if this qualification is still of any worth, what do you
think?
> Have you profited in any way from your certification?
>
> Is there anything in the pipeline for Flash 8/9 or will there ever be?
>
> "Flash MX04" certified sounds a bit outdated IMHO,...
>
> Thanks for any and all thoughts,
>
> André

<http://www.eskilstina.com>
---eskilStina
Eskil Janson              Mobil: +46 0735 31 68 52
Slupskjulsvägen 38        E-post: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
111 49 Stockholm          Webb: www.eskilstina.com
<http://www.eskilstina.com>