>> I think it would be better to show that your
>> certification is up to date.

Sure, the point I was trying to make is that every "non-Flasher" would
recognize Flash MX 2004 is now two
years old, they probably don´t even know that there where major changes from
MX to MX04. MX does not suffer from this "handicap" of a number attached to
it.

The exam on MX is not available, in fact those who have only the MX
certification are not listed any longer on
Adobe's certifed Developer page[1].

So I guess since there are no Flash 8 beta exams anounced[2] they´ll
propably start a new rush on Flash 9/Flex 2...

[1]
http://www.adobe.com/support/training/certified_professional_program/retired
_exams.html
[2] http://www.donathgroup.com/macromedia/candidate/