The way that flash file upload works you really need to think about it
a little differently.

The way I do it is to send a command to the server *before* I do the
upload, and I create a record for the upload in my database. This new
ID comes back to flash, and when I do the upload, I add the id as a
parameter in my upload call. So when the upload begins the upload
function on the server side sees the ID of the file and associates it
with the file that is being uploaded. If the upload is not completed
successfuly within a certain amount of time I delete the ID.

This is a bit more work, but it is, as far as I know, the only way of
allowing flash to know what the file that it has uploaded is.

Regards
Hank