From: "dave matthews" <davidmatthews_com at hotmail.com>
To: <flashcoders at chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 4:14 PM
Subject: [Flashcoders] RE: Images stay on memory forever?
hi Dimitrios,

Try using hard coded symbol_clips instead of the dynamically attached movies, because frame 2+ is going to contain whatever exists on keyframe one of the code created attached movie.

For example, using an IDE target_clip symbol with the first occupied keyframe and the target in frame 5 will require the command "target_clip, goto (key)frame5" and loadmovie content.jpg into replacable_target_movieclip_symbol actually exists only on frame5. The loaded content.jpg can be eliminated from the player by sending the target_clip/timeline to empty keyframe1, which is a known to be an empty keyframe... thus no 'load_target' no content that replaced the 'load_target.

Placing attached movieclips on different levels is more complex since we have no way to create truly empty keyframes on dynamic timelines... i think... :)

we'll get it working,
Dave Matthews