Kjel: Indeed, it can be confusing at beginning to creat this Flash IDE <->
MTASC integration mindset. But it's really quite simple, with mtasc you can
really only inject as2 classes into Flash IDE pre-compiled swf's.

I have a MVC framework for the application, but I am not sure how to add a
listener if I can't resolve the scope

You need some kind of global proxy such as the Davies Grant SystemController
for ARP (singleton), that's how I implemented this on my last project.

However, I would really recommend you to take a look at PIXLIB. It has a
great (if not the best) MVC approach for Flash 8< development. I'm sure you
could easilly implement this with the ViewHelper class and still mainain the
flexibility and scalability while adopting a good OOP MVC paradigm. Join the
pixlib list and give it a try :)

Marcelo.