Hi all!

I have a (hopefully not too ignorant) question relating to movieclips created on the fly. Basically, I have a preloader class that is generic and reusable. It's called from whatever object that does dynamic loading of content and then in turn invokes a movieclip from a passed symbol name(can be anything, as long as a basic movieclip structure is followed). It all works great.

However, when the loading is done I want the dynamically created mc to play an "outro" animation that is preanimated in the movieclip (as opposed to animated via AS, that would be easy ;) ). My problem is finding a way for the preloader class instance to tell when the movieclip reaches a certain frame or frame label (and is done with the outro). I can't find a suitable event to hook into? I guess I was looking for something like "mc.onframelabel" to hook a function to, I guess that was naive. :)

Can I in some way create a hook myself, or do I have to create a watcher object that checks each frame where the playhead is in my dynamic loader movieclip? Would certainly work, but it's not very elegant. My goal is to keep the preloader movieclip code-free.

Anyway, I hope I managed to describe the problem. Apologies for any ignorance and any terms/keywords used out of context. I'm pretty new to more advanced actionscript, but have many moons of general coding experience. :)

Many thanks in advance,
Dan