First off, my apologies to Victor for being snooty in my previous reply. That was not a good way to handle it, but I was annoyed because I'd taken the time to look at both pages, look at the html code (which was presumably the thing that was causing the swf to break), and offer a suggestion. When Victor replied by asking if that was the problem, I thought he ought to have done the work of trying out my suggestion (which was very quick and easy) rather than engage me in another response. I was being a bit prickly, but I wasn't trying to be a "smartass" in explaining what "performance hit" means, since I think that's quite possibly the problem.

John & Victor: As for what the problem is, I don't see that the dragging is actually being dropped. What I do see is an erratic frame rate, which is exactly what WMODE = transparent might produce in a tween-heavy simulation such as we have here. When I play the game, the dragging is never lost, but things run choppily which feels as if I have no control.

Victor: please delete the html line that sets WMODE, and let us know if that fixes the problem.

Marc Hoffman