http://osflash.org/flasc
You should also check out FLASC, a Flash panel MTASC compiler that is basically
an easy to use GUI for MTASC.  I often find myself with FlashDevelop and the
Flash IDE open when making tests or working on projects with heavy design.  I
can make a code change in FD, hit the compile button in FLASC and it launches
the SWF instantaneously within the IDE with all the benefits of doing so.  I
also have the flexibility to make "physical" changes to the Flash file and
recompile in Flash because it's already open.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TextMate
If you're a Mac user you should really check out TextMate.  It's by and large
the best coding tool out there and until FlashDevelop came out, it was better
than any windows text editor.  I don't know any coders on the mac who are
without it whether they code Java, Rails, PHP, C++, HTML, Javascript,
Actionscript what have you.  It's quite simply an unbelievable application and
worth the paltry $35 or whatever it costs.  It has customizable code completion
and insanely cool macros you can create that make coding a breeze.