Hi Kevin,

> Do you know if there's any problems or caveats of using this method?

We haven't see any problems at using this trick in our projects, but we
use it only for small occasional swf in our site and only to have a
better look, not for big game or critical point
I think there's probably some bugs with some functions witch have a
different behavior in Flash 6 than in greater version, but no example
come to my mind at this time.

A lot of people use that  hack to test  flash 8 functionalities when
flash 8 ide wasn't even released. Some googling will give you more
information about that (search for blog post dated from that period)

Cédric