I'm assuming you're using AS 2.0 - inside WeatherManager.as:

class WeatherManager
{

  // private var to hold interval
  private var weatherTimer;

  // constructor
  public function WeatherManager()
  {
    weatherTimer = setInterval(mx.utils.Delegate.create(this,
changeWeather), 5000);
  }

  // weather change func
  private function changeWeather()