Maybe you could use swfobject (pretty much industry standard detection
script), and then pass in the RequiredVersion var of 0?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Merrill,
Jason
Sent: 09 November 2006 18:53
To: Flashcoders mailing list
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] Simple Flash player detection without versioning?

Yes, but I don't want my scripts to HAVE version detection for the users who
do have the Flash player, because we always know what to build for and what
version the user will have.  Since the detection script gets copied all over
the place, I don't want to update those scripts to account for newer Flash
players when we push out newer versions.

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Learning & Organizational Effectiveness