Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2006 5:19 PM
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] Best way to detect an idle user?

Is it possible for you to decide wether a user is idle or not, by judging
his mouse movements? Or is it required to actually measure the usage of
particular elements? If you can suffice with the movement, it might be
enough to create a seperate 'idle checking' class which either listens to
mousemove events of for even less overhead, checks the mouse coordinates at
given intervals. Then say after e.g. 3 check intervals if the coords are
still the same, assume the user is inactive.

 _____