I have a potential client who wants their program to incorporate Google Image Search results. I have never used Google web services or other programming tools, so I don't know how much work this will involve and what server side resources are required. I will be using Flash 8 and PHP (if necessary).

Also, do people use the Flash webservices component/class for anything real or does one always end up doing one's own server-side coding (aside from wrapping the web services call to get around security restrictions)? Is there a reason to use a web service rather than constructing a query string and parsing the results?

Forgive me if this is newbieish. I am a server side newbie, but not an Actionscript newbie.

Millie Niss
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.sporkworld.org
regards