Am I the only one on this list who (still) uses the Flash IDE (Flash 8 Pro) and
hasn't migrated to AS 3.0 or any version of Flex?

I am interested in
both but do not want to fork over any more $$ to ex-Macromedia.  (I feel
cheated by having paid for many versions of the educational versions because
they don't upgrade then many versions of full software because the Macromedia
packages I had didn't have an upgrade path to the newer bundled Adobe products
such as Creative Suite 2 or the Adobe Video Bundle.)

What
is the minimum cost to start using Flex?  (I mean in a production
version.  I do not want to start using a beta or a trial of something
and then have it break and be stuck.)  What are the ongoing costs to
deploy Flex apps?  I have looked at the website but found it confusing
and they keep changing pricing...   I want a rough idea of what it
actually costs developers to switch to Flex and deploy the apps etc.

What if anything will I lose by switching to Flex?  I use the Flash IDE a lot
for design now but most projects have extensive coding as well.  Can I use Flex
for the code and still use the IDE for design?