-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Paul
Steven
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 8:02 AM
To: 'Flashcoders mailing list'
Subject: [Flashcoders] AS2 OOP Class Structure for simple pong type game

I am creating a simple pong / breakout / arkanoid game in AS2 and not sure
how best to deal with the classes.

So far I have a Game.as class, a Paddle.as class and a Ball.as class.

I need to detect when the ball (or balls) collide with the Paddle.

My question is, which class should check for this collision?

Should the Game class do this or should I pass a reference to the Paddle
into the Ball class so the Ball is able to check this collision itself?

If it is the Game class, then I guess it is a case of giving both the Paddle
and Ball classes a method to return their current position and then letting
the Game class compare these positions to determine if a collision has
occurred?

If the Ball class needs to have a reference to the Paddle passed to it, I am
not sure how this is done. So I would appreciate any advice on this.

I appreciate there are probably a lot of different solutions to this, but I
am trying to get off on the right footing with this OOP programming.

Many thanks

Paul

This e-mail and its attachments are intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) and may contain privileged, confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, displaying, copying, or
use of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please inform the sender immediately and delete and
destroy any record of this message. Thank you.