-

Thanks Michael - that's an elegant solution.

Don't worry about the array name though - just a simplified example for the sake of the list.

Thanks again all.

T. Michael Keesey wrote:
Quite simple:

for (var key:String in myArray1) {
   if (myArray1[key][1] < 0) {
       myArray1.splice(Number(key), 1);

BTW, "myArray1" is not a great name for a variable ... why not
"scoreRecords" or "scores" or something? Also, storing different types
of data in an array is a recipe for confusions. The element arrays
would be better as objects, e.g.: {name: "A", score: -1}.Then the code
would be more readable:

for (var key:String in scoreRecords) {
   var record:Object = scoreRecords[key];
   if (record.score < 0) {
       scoreRecords.splice(Number(key), 1);

Or the whole thing could just be an associative array (i.e., hash object):

var scores:Object = {A: -1, B: -1, C: 0};
// ...
for (var key:String in scoreRecords) {
   if (scoreRecords[key] < 0) {
       delete scoreRecords[key];