Hi,

from what I've experienced before, the assets are only available to
the child clips.

Eg.

_root
 |- some_clip
 |- asset_mc
     |- child

If you load assets into asset_mc, some_clip cannot access it, ie,
_root.some_clip.attachMovie("asset"...) won't work, neither will
_root.attachMovie(...).

Only asset_mc.attach... and child.attach... will.