It's the "hope that he/she will not screw up your movie at all" that I
worry about.

@Steven

I work for a very large corporation, and they're pretty anal about
what we do and don't use.  I hear good things about MTASC, so I'd like
to try and use it, but given where we are with the current projects we
don't really have time to switch now, and even if we did it would
probably be hard to get them to let me change it.  It's in the back of
my mind, and since the thing I'm starting on now is new I might be
able to switch to it, but then we'd have some projects using it and
some not using it, which they may not like.

On that note, how hard is it to switch from a project that uses the
Flash IDE to build everything (and includes a lot of stuff in the FLA)
to something that uses MTASC?

  -Andy

On 1/22/07, Rákos Attila <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

AH> The main reason I don't want to do that is that I won't have control
AH> of the 'brand.swf' versions.  I just worry someone might put something
AH> on the canvas in brand.swf by mistake.  If I was able to put my stuff
AH> on root or another MC then I could just hide the uiResources MC, so it
AH> wouldn't matter if someone put something on it, but this way I'll have
AH> to leave it visible.

You can hide anything in the loaded swf by creating a solid movieclip
on its main timeline. However I don't think that it is a real problem,
since beside visual elements the loaded swf can contain scripts, which
can behave even more "harmful" to your application than a simple
visual object and these scripts cannot be eliminated. So you have to
trust in the creator of brand.swf to some extent and hope that he/she
will not screw up your movie at all :)

  Attila