i seem to remember having to rework my Delegate class to run with mtasc -
what's the error it's giving you?

On 1/23/07, Andy Herrman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

If I add the -mx parameter to MTASC (I'm working through FlashDevelop)
it removes the error, but the Delegate class doesn't work anymore
(Delegate.create returns undefined).

   -Andy

On 1/23/07, Andy Herrman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hmm...I just tried building using MTASC and I'm getting an error in
> one of the mx classes.  It's choking on mx.utils.Delegate (variables
> aren't typed).  Is there a way to keep MTASC from being too strict on
> the built in mx classes?
>
>    -Andy
>
> On 1/22/07, Francis Chary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > It's doesn't have to be that way. On the last project I did, I used
MTASC
> > for about 90% of the development, then switched to the Flash IDE
during the
> > last week. As long as you can start your application with the same
line of
> > code, it doesn't really matter which compiler you use.
> >
> > Basically, in FlashDevelop, I had a static main function that started
the
> > app thusly:
> >
> > var newMenu:MenuController = new MenuController();
> >
> > In the Flash IDE, I used the same line of code, but I put it in frame
1
> > instead. It amounts to the same thing though.
> >
> > Francis
> >
> > On 1/22/07, Andy Herrman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > So, I actually use FlashDevelop to write my code, and just switch to
> > > the Flash IDE to build (I really dislike the IDE).
> > >
> > > The problem with using it has nothing to do with installing it or
> > > being able to run it on my machine.  The problem is that MTASC would
> > > essentially be responsible for things that go into production.  If
> > > Flash has some bug that causes problems the company could get
support,
> > > but it's not really the same with MTASC.
> > >
> > > That said, if things can be set up to use both at once then I
probably
> > > could use it during development, and just use Flash to do the final
> > > compile.  I think I might try that.
> > >
> > > I know MTASC is stricter, which is actually a reason I want to use
it.
> > > Unfortunately the 2 big flash movies that I have been working on I
> > > inherited when the only guy in the company who knew flash quit (I
> > > mainly did Java with some C++), and they used just the Flash IDE, so
> > > have no idea how easy/hard it would be to get MTASC working with
> > > those.
> > >
> > > I might give it a try for the new project I'm working on though.  If
> > > can get it working nicely with FD (not that I think that will be
hard)
> > > then it would make me happy.
> > >
> > >   -Andy

MTASC is