Create simgle clas definition which holds functionality of your "selection
state" and add several instances of same class to stage

2007/3/11, Andrei Thomaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

hello list,

With AS2, I could associate the same class with several movieclips. This
was
useful, for example, to create buttons for a menu, when all the buttons
were
associated with the same class (some kind of button, that implemented the
'selected' state, rollout and rollover animations, and so on).

Now, I am trying to migrate the code to AS3, and I am having problems to
share the same class with more than one movieclip. When I try to do this,
get this error: "You must specify a unique classname to export this
symbol".

Can I make this, in some way? The only thing i can think is not very
elegant; it would be to create empty classes for each button, like that:

class MyButton extends MovieClip
{
    // code here
}