Danny, I think what Ron means is, you don't instantiate the class _and_ the
super class, as you would with Director.

As you know (and for anyone that isn't familiar with it), in Director the
"ancestor" property is an instance of the superclass, residing within an
instance of the subclass (a bit like a Russian Doll!) - but in Flash you
don't get two instances within each other, but just a single hybrid of all
the classes in the inheritance chain.

To be honest, I'm not really sure what is better. Certainly the Director way
is a lot more flexible - you can generate and swap ancestors on the fly,
which I think is pretty cool, a bit like inheritance via composition.

Actually if you go back to the metaphor, the Chrysler PT Cruiser in Director
would come with a little Chrysler Neon sitting inside it ;)

Karina