I would definitely go with shared object. You can access it from whatever
app you like if you pass a local path parameter, like this:
so = SharedObject.getLocal ("mySharedObject", "/")
so = SharedObject.getLocal ("mySharedObject", "/myProject")
Etc...
If you don't pass the path, it generates a local path for you, which is
indeed different for each application, to avoid naming conflicts. But by
specifying the path you bypass that and can call it from anywhere you like.

Karina