Have you tried getting the value out using just Javascript (no Flash
involved)?  See if that works.  It might make it easier to debug
(removing a layer of complexity).  Maybe IE has some security in place
that's preventing the access of the values from QT (you mean
quicktime?  I always think of QT as the C++ toolset made by
trolltech.)

  -Andy