Hi Jason,

My packageTest.fla is

import MyPackage.*;
var hw:HelloWorld = new HelloWorld();
var mc:MyClass = new MyClass();

and in the same directory I have MyPackage.as

//MyPackage.as
package MyPackage
{

        public class HelloWorld
        {
                public function HelloWorld()
                {
                        trace("hello world constructor");

        public class MyClass
        {
                public function MyClass()
                {
                        trace("MyClass constructor");

In the windows Flash 9 Alpha IDE I try to run this and I get

**Error** Scene 1, Layer 'Layer 1', Frame 1 : Line 2, Column 8 : [Compiler] Error #1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: HelloWorld.
var hw:HelloWorld = new HelloWorld();
**Error** Scene 1, Layer 'Layer 1', Frame 1 : Line 3, Column 8 : [Compiler] Error #1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: MyClass.
var mc:MyClass = new MyClass();
ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable Timeline0_f549bc2eccff3a4d88caed7024db465e is not defined.

This seems to me as if it should work. I don't know if it is the Flash IDE causing me grief, if there is some preference file I don't have set correctly or what.

Other than this issue I'm having a lot of fun with AS3 especially the new text features.

thanks,

Rob