thanks to all of you guys..now I did it and I've just trigger an event using the time.
  thanks to all.

Gustavo Duenas
On Mar 26, 2007, at 4:24 PM, Joe Wheeler wrote:

Don't forget to clear the interval inside the function you call - otherwise
it will repeat on and on. It's also best practice to clear an interval
before you set it (in case it gets set twice).

If you only want the function called once you can also use
_global.setTimeout( func, time ).

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Parvaiz
Patel
Sent: 26 March 2007 13:51
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] setting a timer in flash 8

Hi Gustave,

Here is the answer to your query.

The best way for any timing related task is to use Interval.

Here is the syntax:
var <variable name>:Number = setInterval(<function name to call>, <time
interval in millisecond>);

function <function name to call>(){

//do your task here..

}

////////////////////////////////////////////

The following is the example for your inderstanding & testing.

this.createTextField("date_txt", this.getNextHighestDepth(), 10, 10, 100,
22); date_txt.autoSize = true; date_txt.selectable = true;

var date_interval:Number = setInterval(updateTime, 500, date_txt);

function updateTime(my_txt:TextField) {
    my_txt.text = new Date().toString(); trace(my_txt.text); }

I hope, this is well enough to solve your problem.

Thanks & regards,

Parvaiz Patel.

Gustavo Duenas wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to set a timer to trigger a event after 20 seconds or
less, but so far i have this code, but with no results someone help
me? .
I don't know how could I got into but some help might be needed

this is the code: is inside the first frame of a movie clip and the 4

frame has: gotoAndPlay(1);

var now = getTimer();
var seconds:Number = now/1000;
var later:Number = seconds+20;