Mike Mountain wrote:
Thanks for the response John, please don't take this personally, - but I
suspect the legitimate reason is "because we can"....

... and if that's the case, then I'd like to see those decisionmakers defend it in open debate.

But it's difficult for me to see intentional discrimination as the root cause... doesn't match up with what I see of people here. The DNA is towards global participation, so I suspect there are real constraints in the way of flat pricing.

I've still got the action item to keep pressing for public explanations about why software companies show such similar disparities across regions. Such a mystery does no-one any good. The ZDNet/CNET articles today likely caught org-wide attention, so I've got some more ammo this week.... ;-)

cu,
jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd