Hi Jamie,

Assuming you're rolling out your own seek slider, I suggest you call the
seek() method after the user released the slider, instead during the
dragging process. This will eliminate the multiple calls and make it much
smoother.
If you really need the sliding to happen in real-time, you could set an
interval that gets called every second or so and calls the seek() method. It
may also be a good idea to pause the movie when you press the slider and
resume playback when you release it.

Cheers,
Karina

Karina Steffens  |  Neo-Archaic