I was playing with this a while ago too....
This is the solution I came up with. I have amfphp installed on my server.
First I make a class called 'RemotingService':

package {

        import flash.net.NetConnection;
        import flash.net.ObjectEncoding;

        public class RemotingService extends NetConnection {
                function RemotingService(url:String) {
objectEncoding = ObjectEncoding.AMF3; // verander eventueel naar AMF0 voor compatibiliteit
                        connect(url);

Then a class which does the remoting (with some basic parsing):

package {

    import RemotingService;

    public class Remoting {
                private var rs:RemotingService;

                function Remoting() {
                }

                private function getData() {
rs = new RemotingService("http://www.someadress.com/_amfphp/ gateway.php");
                        var responder:Responder = new Responder(theresult,
theproblem);
                        rs.call(classPath, responder);
                }
                private function theresult(re:Object):void {
                        for ( var a in re.serverInfo.initialData ){
                                for ( var b in re.serverInfo.initialData[a] ){
                                        trace(b+" =
"+re.serverInfo.initialData[a][b]);
                                };
                                trace("");
                        };
                }
                private function theproblem(fault:Object):void {
                    trace(fault);

Hope this helps.

Greetings
Ypmits

Op 16-apr-2007, om 17:57 heeft Mark Walters het volgende geschreven:

Is there any class that you know of like RecordSet or ArrayCollection for
AS3 only projects (not flex)?
I'm looking for a class to handle database query results a little easier.

--
Mark Walters

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://digitalflipbook.com