If you want to call addChild on the content then you can simply do:

addChild(event.target.content)

and that will throw your content on the stage. I'm not sure why it is not possible to name that new content. I've tried playing around with this myself and can't figure out how once you've loaded the content you can access that content as a class. I've loaded up swfs and can reference classes within the swf no problem and create instances of those classes but if I try to get a class definition for the content all I can get is MovieClip and I can't figure out how to create new instances of the that loaded content without running another loader

Not sure if that helps you any or not.

Rob