I don't think u can check the color of the mc which is set at authoring time

When u set the color of the mc through a color object u can retrive the
color

Here is the code

var my_color:Color = new Color(mc);
        my_color.setRGB(0xFF0000);
        // my_mc turns red
        trace(my_color.getRGB().toString(16));
//Retruns a value converted to hexadecimal format

//ff0000

You can check for these values

If u set the color at authoring time.. you need to set the color to a
variable to check the condition and execute any statement..

I think this would solve ur problem

Durai
www.expertbuddy.net