You know what's funny about the web service component missing from flash cs3?

It's actually in the help documentation as part of flash 9 CS 3:

Web services

Adobe® Flash® CS3 Professional includes the WebServiceConnector component that lets you connect to remote web services, send and receive data, and bind results to components. This lets Flash developers quickly create Rich Internet Applications without having to write a single line of ActionScript.

You can consume remote web services by using WebServiceClasses, which can require writing complex ActionScript.

Yet it's nowhere to be found in flash cs3 professional. Personally I dont care about the component as much as I do
the classes themselves.

Adobe?

Randy Tinfow wrote:
You have to choose AS 2.0 inorder to use the tree component if you use AS 3.0 som components are missing

Exactly.

Unfortunately, those components are indispensable to us.  We use them
literally every day.

RT