Is there any way to delete all event handlers within a particular movieclip?

I've basically been working on a project developing an elearning engine that
handles pages of external content loaded in as swf's.

Now the person who has written the content swf's has a linked a class to
each button within the content that has an onRollOver, onRelease etc
handler.

These content swf's are making the whole application run very slowly. I'm
inclined to think it's either that flash has to process a class for every
button on screen or that loads of onRelease etc handlers are being created
and never cleaned up afterwards.

As the content is loaded into a particular movieclip within the engine, does
anyone know a way to kill all the handlers with a particular movie, probably
without knowing the handler name? The app is written in AS".

Cheers
Andrew