Hi guys,

I haven't had a chance to delve into using AS3 yet, and I know the AS1 and
AS3 runtime engines in the Flash 9 player are totally seperate, but is it
not possible for AS2 movies to share data with AS3 at all? Surely an AS3
movie can load an AS2 movie into itself and access it's properties? If so
then it should be possible for an AS3 project to use an AS2 movie with
remoting components and use movieclips for data storage and communication?

It would be poor use of OO coding skills, but technically feasible and much
less effort than re-engineering the components. And along those lines, isn't
it possible to reverse-engineer the AS2 components with a decompiler, and
rewrite the code in AS3?

Scott