A "Bad thing" is having to allot 1200 MB for things you don't need. (Flash 8 requires just 190 MB.)

I know why the file is 400MB! I know there are millions of files in it.
I know that's why it takes so long to install.

The point is: should it be done that way? should there be so many files in it? Should we be compelled to install the entire thing without being able to opt-out on some components?

I think in their attempt to integrate Flash with other Adobe products (which only designers use), they are forgetting about developers and coders who just need the Flash IDE to open a FLA file and publish it after having coded their scripts using some external text editor.

Those people don't need PSD import or most integration tools. And they don't like having to install 1.2 GB of things they won't ever use, and spend hours doing so.

The argument that today's hard disks are larger, and that 1.2 GB is not a lot, is missing the point. It's not about whether I can store 1.2GB or not. It's about whether I should allot 1.2GB for things I don't care about or not.
It's about giving users the right to choose.
"Get a bigger hard drive." To store your rubbish? No thanks! You're not listening! Many people is complaining about this.

So please! Add options to the installation process, so some people can have a light and healthy Flash installation.

Ok. It's good to know WHY the thing is so big. (thanks to some Adobe people who replied). And it's good to know THAT THEY KNOW the thing is too big. And that they will try to make it right next time.

"Good thing" is that I only installed the trial version in my second PC, and fortunately I didn't contaminate my personal computer with it. I'm seriously considering not using the product at all. At least until I feel forced to do so.

cheers,
JulianG