Hi Ian,

I didn't fully understand your reply to Muzak's suggestion, but this is
based on that and seems to fit the bill.

Sorry it's a bit messy but you get the idea...

Are there still issues with this one?

-------

//call class b passing extra param
var b:B = new B();
b.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, onBComplete);
b.loadSomethingAndProcessIt("url.swf", someParameter);

function onBComplete(event:Event) {
        var thingYouWant:Object = event.customEventValue;
}

//Class B based on Muzak's(thanks!)
>> class B {

        private var contextInfo:Object;

>>    public function loadSomethingAndProcessIt(url:String,
ontextInfo:Object):void{
>>        contextInfo = contectInfo;
>>      r a:A = new A();
>>      a.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE,onALoaded);
>>      a.loadSomething(url);
>>    }
>>
>>    function onALoaded(event:Event):void {
>>       dispatchEvent(new CustomEvent(contextInfo));
>>    }
>>
>> }

//Custom Event to be fired from Class B
package etc...