Hi Muzak,

  I think what I've already decided (having slept on it) to go for
something similar to your 3rd method - to restructure (class that
behave like) A so that they can carry (and return) context info.

 The reason I finally decided to go for that rather than Delegate is
actually to deal with garbage collection; simply to make it easier for
the coders using the API, as otherwise they'd have to track created
Delegate objects so that they can be removed again, which is just an
unnecessary headache.

 So; I'll try this through this iteration of the framework APIs and
see how it goes.

Thanks for your suggestions,
  Ian