-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Hans Wichman
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 4:16 PM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Classes 101 [was: Version control and Flash ]

Hi,

well ofcourse lots of ways lead to Rome.. trouble is even more ran past it,
into a chasm most likely, but you probably see two types of scenario's that
are most common:

1. your class extends a movieclip
2. your class wraps a movieclip

I dont want to get into a discussion on what the better solution, both cases
are similar.

In your example you have a button.
This button is probably on a screen/view/form whatever.

Commonly you will implement a class for this form. As said either it
subclasses the movieclip containing the button directly (which means you
will have a reference, you'll only need to declare it again in the class to
satisfy the compiler eg

class MyForm extends MovieClip {

}