AS 2.0 is case sensitive. You can start by changing Movieclip to MovieClip

Not sure why you are using a function as a multiplier, so you might want to
get rid of theMover reference inside itself.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of coker todd
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2007 7:38 PM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: [Flashcoders] porting to Flash 8

Can someone please give me some tips as to what needs
to be changed in this script so it works with Flash 8,
I wrote this long ago in Flash 5, worked great, now I
need to publish a Flash 8 project and it does not
work??

Movieclip.prototype.setSpeed = function() {
        federn = 0.4;
        speed = 0.9;
        xpos = _x;
        ypos = _y;
};

Movieclip.prototype.theMover = function() {
        x = x*theMover+(xpos-_x)*speed;
        _x += x;
        y = y*theMover+(ypos-_y)*speed;
        _y += y;