There is no built in functionality for this, however, you could use the
NetStream.seek() function and call that in an Interval. By changing the
interval call time and by changing the seek location integer from an
incremented one to a decremented one, you'll be able to speed up the play
back going forwards or backwards. This is effectively the method we use to
create a Fast Forward and Rewind function for video.

Hope that helps (and that I explained it clearly). If not, then let me
know and I'll clarify with some example code

Sean
www.flashcoder.net