I like the way you think! But if using for example the Bitmap class for
printing and saving images on stage is any indication of CPU usage for
this type of solution, we are looking at unacceptably long loading times
for most users. It may work on smaller maps. Has anyone seen a solution
similar to this used before?

Stanford