Hello All,

Quick question about an xml file I am loading into a dynamic text box.

K, I have a dynamic text box/area that loads a simple xml file using the
following:

var RootNode:XMLNode;
var myXML:XML = new XML();
myXML.ignoreWhite = true;
myXML.onLoad = loadNews;
myXML.load("xmlnews1/newsData.xml");
function loadNews(success:Boolean):Void {
if (success) {
RootNode = this.firstChild;
var content_str:String = ""+RootNode.childNodes[1].firstChild;
content_str +=" ("+RootNode.childNodes[0].firstChild;
content_str += ")" + RootNode.childNodes[2].firstChild;
news_txt.text = content_str;

OK, That works splendidly. Below is the xml file.

<news xmlns="http://www.#.com";><newsDate xmlns="">June 29,
2008</newsDate><newsTitle xmlns="">First manned mission to Mars
lands</newsTitle><newsContent xmlns="">The first manned mission to Mars has
touched down on the surface of the red planet. After six months of space
travel, the five astronauts on board MarsEx 1 will finally experience an end
to their weightless conditions.</newsContent></news>

What I need to do is use the same xml file on numerous keyframes
but have each frame contain different text.

So could I do this?

<news xmlns="http://www.#.com";><newsDate xmlns="">June 30,
2008</newsDate><newsTitle xmlns="">First manned mission to Mars
lands</newsTitle><newsContent xmlns="">The first manned mission to Mars has
touched down on the surface of the red planet. After six months of space
travel, the five astronauts on board MarsEx 1 will finally experience an end
to their weightless conditions.</newsContent>
</news>

*added to xml file for second keyframe

<news1 xmlns="http://www.#.com";><newsDate xmlns="">June 31,
2008</newsDate><newsTitle1 xmlns="">Second Story
Title</newsTitle><newsContent1 xmlns="">Here is the second story full
text</newsContent1>
</news1>

*added to xml file for third keyframe

<news2 xmlns="http://www.#.com";><newsDate xmlns="">June 32,
2008</newsDate><newsTitle2 xmlns="">Third Story
Title</newsTitle><newsContent2 xmlns="">Here is the third story full
text</newsContent1>
</news2>

Also I am thinking I will need something in each keyframe to call
the specific text section of the xml file.

*Note*
In the beginning I had/have a dynamic text box on each keframe and each was
calling a seperate xml doc.
this way I will have only ONE xml file to edit for all the keyframes instead
of 80! I am really enjoying the
difficulty of this task.

Hope someone can help.
Much love,