This is very helpful to understand.  Thanks Glen!

Glen Pike wrote:
Hi,

Your session should be browser based and I think Flash does it's requests through the browser. The only time you may have problems with this is if you start using FileReference uploads in Flash 8. I am guessing this may be a bit of a B***H to debug using the standalone player / IDE. I would recommend loading it in the browser if you can as this may save headaches later on if you try and develop for standalone then switch.

This may shed some light too, not sure: http://readlist.com/lists/chattyfig.figleaf.com/flashcoders/2/10530.html

Check your PHP ini settings to see if PHP is using Cookies to transmit the Session ID ("session.use_cookies") - this could be what you are seeing. Also, for debugging scripts, you can use a number of tools to see what is being requested:

Firefox has "LiveHTTPHeaders" which you have to manually install from the download site: http://livehttpheaders.mozdev.org/

   This will work with LoadVars type requests.

There are also some other tools, which are not free, but work better with AMF type remoting:

   http://xk72.com/charles/
     http://kevinlangdon.com/serviceCapture/

I can't remember any others at the moment - they have been mentioned a few times on this list and OSFlash so check the archives or Google for them.

   HTH

   Glen

Andrew Sinning wrote:
I'm working in author mode in FMX04, using AS2. It appears that LoadVars exchanges cookies with the server, and that the cookie persists until you relaunch Flash. Is this documented anywhere? Is this reliable across browsers and platforms and plugings?

I discovered this because I was trying to exchange the PHPSESSID as a _GET param from Flash, but it was getting overridden by a _COOKIE value in the _REQUEST array by php.