Matthew James Poole wrote:
I have to agree with Steven on this too if security isnt to much of an
issue then use Zinc etc...

I constantly question Adobe's reasoning on this. AIR is a great way to present a platform...that sucks ass if you really want to do anything on the client side.

Guess what? If I want to break your sandbox, it's done. No user should download an app that they don't trust and no amount of your sandbox would prevent me from breaking that if I were a cracker. Give us external access (dll, so, etc.). Flash still has alot of potential.

Your marketers are getting in the way of your engineers.

/rant

-Ricky