-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sidney
de Koning
Sent: 24 January 2008 12:42
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] AIR Sandbox while loading sounds

Download the CS3 Air extension :)

Code is pasted below, this works in AS3, but not in AIR.
The radio stream sits on port 8000 (shoutcast). But its not a socket
connection im making just a http call.

the stream i want to use is a different url than below, but that real
domain does had a crossdomain.xml (with the new policies) I hope i have
the syntax right for the new c.d file, if its wrong, please correct me:

<cross-domain-policy>
<allow-access-from domain="*" to-ports="8000"/> </cross-domain-policy>

// Sandbox error in AIR, AS3 publish works fine, grmbl AIR!
// http://livedocs.adobe.com/labs/flex3/html/Working_with_Sound_11.html
var lounge   = new URLRequest("http://207.200.96.226:8000";);

var context:SoundLoaderContext = new SoundLoaderContext(100, true); var
s:Sound = new Sound(); s = new Sound(lounge, context);
trace(lounge.url); var sc:SoundChannel = s.play();
s.addEventListener(IOErrorEvent.IO_ERROR, errorHandler);

stop_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN, stopStream);

function errorHandler(errorEvent:IOErrorEvent):void {    trace("The
sound could not be loaded: " + errorEvent.text);} function
stopStream(evtObj:MouseEvent) { s.close(); }

Cheers Sid