it would be something like this:

var c:Clock = new Clock();
getTime()

setInterval(this , 'getTime' , 1000)

function getTime()
{
        var tTime:Time = c.getElepasedTime()
        trace(tTime.serialize())
delete tTime; // is this neccessary and if so, is tTime = null maybe better ???
}

EECOLOR wrote:
Could you post the code that actualy calls these methods?

Greetz Erik

On 2/15/08, Jiri Heitlager <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks for your reply Bob, it is for AS2. I read a lot of articles about
it and understand the general concept. That is why I post the question.
If I understood correctly the posted code should not leave any objects
unreferenced and therefor cleared for deleting.
But the memory goes up anyway. I tested it with only this two classes
instantiated and nothing else.

I am hoping somebody can take a look at the code I posted and give me
the reassurence that I am doing things correctly.

Jiri