Hi Ntasky,

I'm not sure if this is the only cause to the problem, but I did notice this. Your _onDownLoad handler is using _fileLocation, which is not defined anywhere in your code.

hth,
Bob

ntasky wrote:
Hi.
simply trying  to download files such as .zip or .pdf.
The dialog box which tells me wher i want to download the file appears, i click OK, the dialog box closes and nothing is downloaded.

files are on the same server.

Did someone has a similar issue ?

thx,

N.

here is my code:
package
{
    import flash.display.MovieClip;
    import flash.display.SimpleButton;
    import flash.events.MouseEvent;
    import flash.net.FileReference;
    import flash.net.URLRequest;
    import flash.events.IOErrorEvent;

    public class FileListItem extends MovieClip
    {
        private var _fileToDownload    :FileReference;

        public function FileListItem(p_fileLocation:String)
        {
            _fileToDownload = new FileReference();
            btDownload.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, _onDownload);
        };

        private function _onDownload(p_evt:MouseEvent):void
        {
_fileToDownload.addEventListener(IOErrorEvent.IO_ERROR, _onIOError) _fileToDownload.download(new URLRequest(_fileLocation), _fileLocation);
        }

        private function _onIOError(p_evt:IOErrorEvent):void
        {
            trace (p_evt);

Thanks,